This adoption process has been such an interesting trial. It's been a blessing for sure, and we've been led and guided so much. I knew it was going to be hard, just not how. The paperwork alone is so intensive and they ask so many questions that often leave me feeling inadequate and unprepared. Even though I've already had two of my own children. I'm glad the process is extensive so that adopted children are kept safe, but it's just hard. I know that the Lord gives us hard things so we can learn, so we are just trying to stay patient and humble throughout the process, and rely on the Lord to guide us and help us overcome the hard times.
Hosting for Safe Families has been amazing, but it is really hard handing the children back to their families. Each time I let a child go, a little piece of my heart goes with them. However, I am finding that I am capable of deep and meaningful relationships with these children, which was something I was worried about with adoption. It is possible, given the right circumstances. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows me so well and gives me exactly what I need, and not exactly what I think I want. I am learning that being that same kind of parent is oftentimes hard, but very rewarding. Becoming like Christ is a long journey, and I've a long ways to go!
Hosting for Safe Families has been amazing, but it is really hard handing the children back to their families. Each time I let a child go, a little piece of my heart goes with them. However, I am finding that I am capable of deep and meaningful relationships with these children, which was something I was worried about with adoption. It is possible, given the right circumstances. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows me so well and gives me exactly what I need, and not exactly what I think I want. I am learning that being that same kind of parent is oftentimes hard, but very rewarding. Becoming like Christ is a long journey, and I've a long ways to go!
2 comments:
Thank you for sharing your experiences with foster parenting and adoption! Josef and I have thrown around the idea of adoption (given my history with difficult, painful prgenancies), but it's not something we are seriously considering just yet. Reading about your process makes me hopefull for a possible future of adoption. You are an inspiration Jess!
Jess,
I haven't logged into my blog forever and I was so happy to see you have been updating your blog. Your sweet family is growing and I hope that it will grow in number soon as well.
Post a Comment