Sunday, March 3, 2013

bird poop, wrong goal, tarantulas for dinner and poop infections

Interesting title right?  That's how my conversations with Jackson have been lately!  He has become so curious about the world and wants to know so much.  Most of the time, I don't know the answer, or I at least don't know how to answer him in a way that he'll understand.  Here's how some of our conversations have gone.
We had come out of the gym and found bird poop on the car...again!  At Lifetime, there are swarms of birds and without fail, they poop on my car every time!  I should give up on washing the car! Anyhow, Jackson asked: Mom, why is there bird poop on our car?
Me: Birds and other animals don't have potties like we do.  
Jackson: What!  But why?  
Me:  Well, they live outside, so they poop outside.  That's why you see bird poop all over the ground.  They don't wear clothes like us and go to school and they just aren't like us.  They are animals and animals poop outside.  
Jackson: ewww, that's gross!

I thought this was funny because I was trying to explain to my son why it's okay for animals to poop outside but not for people.  He thought it was silly that birds don't have a special place to go to the bathroom like we do.


Another funny Jacksonism last night was that I took the kids to Fuzzy's Taco shop because I had a work training all day and came home hungry and not in the mood to cook.  I got Jackson an enchilada and while eating, he said emphatically, "MMMMM this tarantula is really yummy!"  He must have been highly distracted because he kept referring to his "spicy tarantula."  I never knew how much tarantula sounded like enchilada!   



Yesterday, I had to miss another of Jackson's soccer games due to my work training.  I called Kirk during my break and asked how the day was, and specifically how Jackson's game went.  He told me Jackson played well, and scored the first 3 goals!  Then he said, later in the game, a little boy on the other team was trying to run and score a goal on the wrong side and Jackson ran over to him and said, no your goal isn't that way, it's this way and was trying to show him where to go.  Kirk said it was funny because one second he was shouting excitedly, and the next he was crying.  Both times, he was so proud of our son.  That is my sweet Jackson.  If you'd told me THAT was going to be my boy two years ago, I'd have laughed out loud!  Let's just say, we've all come a long way.  I am so proud of him and the choices he's making.  Everyone kept telling me his strong will would help him and make him a leader, and I guess now I am seeing that come to fruition.  I am so proud of my son when he does sweet things like that.

As much as I'd like to claim that it was all me who trained him up like that, I really think he is just innately kind and seeks to please people.  For that, I am truly grateful because it's made him a very sweet and helpful 5 year old!  I guess this is why people have more children.  Older kids can be very helpful!
Of course any kids favorite part of the game is probably scoring goals.  But, here is Jackson doing his second favorite thing in soccer, and that is playing goalie.  He is very protective!  Maybe that's the big brother in him?


Ok, one more and then I'm done.  Jackson had a school play mate over the other day.  He and his friend (pictured below) carpool together to preschool and love to play together.  They were playing house here one day recently and here was how their conversations went:

Addi: Honey, will you change the babies diapers?  They are poopy.
Jackson: uggghh!  Why are they always poopy?
Addi:  (Sincerely) I don't know, maybe they have a poop infection!


Addi: Honey, will you call the doctor, the baby is sick with an ear infection.
Jackson pretends to get on the phone:  Hi Doctor, my baby has an ear infection and it's bleeding really bad!


Addi: When I blow the whistle the baby needs to throw up.
She blows the whistle like every 30 seconds and Jackson proceeds to take the babies and let them puke in the trash can.

Addi:  Honey, it's time to eat.
Jackson: No, I wanna play golf. 
Addi: Honey, sit down and eat!
Jackson: I have to go to work.

later
Jackson: I need to go to work
Addi: Honey you can't because Captain Hook might shoot you.  We need to hide the babies.
Jackson: I'm in Australia
Addi: Where are you going?
Jackson: I'm going to the office. 

It was really hilarious to watch them interact because they were playing out real life events they've experienced and seen.  Just a reminder to me how much of a sponge they are at this age.  





No comments: