Thursday, May 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Jackson




Yes, Jackson turned 4 on January 21st.  Yes, I left him on his birthday to go to a wedding.  I sent him to one of his best friend's house for the day, feeling guilty and like a bad mom.  I couldn't have done better, by him!  The Larsen's took him to Chick-fil-a and to a mini race car place.  I sent him with cupcakes and he thought that was his party!  When I kept telling him he hadn't had his party yet, he kept saying, "I get to have ANOTHER party!  Am I gonna be 5 now?"  The kid was thoroughly confused, but so excited to get to spend his birthday with his friends, AND have a sleep-over!  So, now I am officially the BEST MOM ever!

Anyhow, Kirk ended up having to be out of town for Jackson's actual party.  I was going to have it at home, but it was way too stressful, so we ended up having it in Lewisville at Zone Action Park.  Wow!  The kids had such a great time, and it was sooooo much less stressful for me.  That, and I have the best friends a girl could ask for!  Happy Birthday to my big 'ol 4 year old!

Jackson is getting more interested in clothes lately and will even sleep with his favorite shirt sometimes. No, he doesn't wear it, just wants to hold it!  Yes, it has a car on it.  He is getting more and more smart by the second, and likes to help...most the time.  It is sweet to watch him play nicely with his sister, and do sweet things to help her and make her happy.  But their relationship is volatile.  He makes her laugh, and cry the most.  They are cute together!

No comments: