Friday, April 29, 2011

Celebrating Good Carma

My mom and her 4 brothers.  
 There are 18 cousins in all.  15 of us made it to the funeral.  My sister, April was in India, Brent was in Iraq, and Gregory was in Mexico so they couldn't make it.  What a joy it was to see my cousins, and to meet some of their wives, husbands, and kids I hadn't met before.  Many of them, I hadn't seen in a really long time. We are a good lookin' bunch if I do say do myself!  
 All of my family who made it to the funeral.  It was a blessing to see Chris & Chelsey as it's been tooooo long!  I love my family:)
One of my greatest memories is playing dress ups in grandma's, (and a few of grandpa's) clothes.  Grandma was meticulous about keeping track of where she wore things to, what she wore them with, and exact dates and everything.  On the dress I am wearing, you can see the little cards she created.  What a treasure to have this information, and so fun to try on all these clothes.  It's amazing too, how fashionable grandma was, and fancy!  Many of the styles from her era are coming back!   
Having so much fun.  This was my last night in my grandma's awesome house.  It was so hard to part with the house that holds so many wonderful childhood memories for me.  Grandma's house was the only one that never changed.  She never moved, or really did anything to the home.  It was a nice home, though very outdated but we all loved it just the way it was!  I am sad to not be able to go back now:(
If you look closely, it says, "Celebrating Good Carma."  This was at Grandma's funeral.  I really loved it.  
Behind it, you can see a picture of my grandma from several years ago.  She is beautiful!  I will miss you so much grandma, but appreciate all you stood for and taught me, and look forward to seeing you again some day!  I hope you really are enjoying dancing again with grandpa!  

1 comment:

Jena said...

Oh my goodness, i even have a memory of your grandmas!!! When WE dressed up and spent the weekend there, you had your broken foot/leg(?), it was so much fun! She was such a great lady!