Friday, April 29, 2011

Food glorious food!

Finally, we built two garden boxes and planted our gardens.  Within one week, they looked like this!  We planted from left to right, peas, squash, carrots, lettuce, and cilantro.  Also not shown here are edible flowers and strawberries.   I am pretty obsessed about checking on my garden and afraid to do too much weeding yet to make sure I don't pull any plants.  I am excited to see what we yield from this first attempt and hoping the Texas sun is kind to us!

On another note, I am so excited to be hosting a co-op where we will be receiving local, organic produce right to my own home!  I have been pleasantly surprised with the amount of interest from others as well! This means more opportunity for my children to be exposed to healthy and yummy foods, and I am going to save a great deal each month by hosting too.   Yea!!!!

No comments: