Hey all. I have been meaning to post for some time now. I have lots to say, but it's all important. If you don't want to read this, I won't be offended. Heck, I won't even know so no worries, it's mostly for me anyway.
Quickie update on Olivia. We went back to Children's Medical for a CBC (to check her blood levels) and they had come down again so we had to schedule a transfusion for Friday. Thursday, we went to the pediatrician and Livy was 6 pounds, 5 ounces. That means she gained 10 ounces in 6 days! The transfusion went well on Friday and we are now outpatient so we get to come home after each procedure. She may have to have a few more over the next few months. Only time will tell. But, she is really doing well and is such a sweet, mellow baby.
Before I forget, I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has helped us (and the help just keeps coming) during this trying time. There have been several times when I didn't think I could go on another day the way things were, and those days I often saw tender mercies from my loving Heavenly Father. I will share just two with you. The first week that I was on my own, with no help, I developed a mild case of mastitis and was miserable. A friend of mine took Jackson for the morning, despite some difficulties, which was such a blessing. It also just so happened that another friend the night before had dropped two meals off which meant I didn't have to cook for a while because there was so much food!
One of the evenings we were supposed to go to the hospital, we had a babysitter for Jackson that fell through. I had forgotten to call someone but that morning, another friend called and asked if she could watch Jackson for us that evening. I asked her what made her think to call and ask and she said she had been praying the night before and the thought came to her mind. I have no doubt that Heavenly Father planted that thought in her mind. He met my need before I even asked for help!
I had experiences like this time and time again, to the point where my needs were being met without me even asking. My testimony is definitely strengthened and I know Heavenly Father is very aware of my needs. This year has been a very trying one in many ways. However, blessings have continued to pour in and we have the things that matter. I am overjoyed to have Olivia home and to feel like a real family again. It was so hard to feel torn between spending time at home with Jackson and with Olivia at the hospital. Kirk and I weren't able to spend a whole lot of time together either. If you know Kirk, you know how disappointing this can be because he is so wonderful! That being said, I am grateful the hardest part is over (knock on wood) and glad for the things I have learned and the stronger bonds I have made with so many. Thank you for your love. I know that you will be greatly blessed, ten fold!
P.S. We owe y'all big time, so just let us know if you ever need a hand...we'll do our best!
2 comments:
Jess, I loved your testimony. You've always had such a strong one! It is amazing how we are able to see the tender mercies from the Lord through our trials. This little spirit has been sent to a very strong family, and especially mommy. I'm just writing in response to your comment on my blog. We are due with our third (a boy) in July. I'm excited, mostly to be done being pregnant again. But, having another little baby around will be a fun adventure. I know Kari just has her second baby and Kristen had her third last fall. Those are all the updates I could give you on the roommates though. We're planning a trip to Rexburg this fall and I hope to see both of them. Take care!
Livy is so beautiful. I am glad that everything has worked out so well and that she is home with you guys now!
Post a Comment