Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Jackson's latest and greatest!

The past little while, Jackson has been quite a challenge for me. Granted, he was dealing with a lot and I'm sure it was really hard on him to be left with so many different people, and all the people coming and going and no real normal schedule. Many nights, I would dread the next day and the tantrums in store for me. I felt like I couldn't go anywhere and was often embarrassed by his behavior. I was worried about bringing the baby home, and how he might react to her. I'm sure many of you have felt this way a day or so with your kiddos. So, if people ever smile when your kids act up, it's probably because it makes them feel normal and they are glad that they are not the only ones with wild zoo animals living under their roof! At least, that's the way it is for me. I mean, I'm sorry your kids is acting up, but glad I'm not the only one!

Anyhow, my mom gave some great tips, which I implemented and things have really improved. Jackson really loves his little sister, sometimes too much, but it is so rewarding to see your children getting along! What joy I have felt this past week! Tonight was an especially wonderful night with Jackson. He was so sweet and cute and both Kirk and I were laughing so hard at him being so silly! I love his cute sweet little voice when he sings. He can pretty impressively sing, "Lilies of the field," and it is the sweetest thing. He was reading books to himself, and doing other silly things and then when we laugh, it just fuels him. He is quite the comedian. He totally takes after his father. Does life get any better than this?

I tried to post a cute video of Jackson but it didn't work. Hopefully I can get it to work soon!

1 comment:

James and Ann said...

I really believe that siblings have a calming effect on each other. Our Thomas matured in leaps and bounds when Hailey was born. I'm hoping Hailey will do the same. She's a pill right now!