Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Back to Square One

We had a set back yesterday. Olivia had bloody stools which caused her to have a low blood count and she had to have another transfusion yesterday afternoon. Right now, we are trying to figure out what is wrong and they are wondering if it might be a reaction to the formula they are fortifying my breast milk with. Because of that, she is not being fed and is pretty miserable and hungry. It might be a lot of different things, but I am hoping we find it sooner than later. On a happier note, before this all happened, she had hit 5 pounds and was gaining weight quite nicely! Thanks for your continued concern, prayers, love, and support. I cannot imagine going through this without everyone's help. We'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

The Lowe Family said...

got your text yesterday and have been thinking about you and baby Olivia all day today. Here's to bringing that sweet baby home soon!!!

LauraBro said...

oh I'm sorry. Savannah had bloody stools when she got her allergens (through my breast milk actually) I had to stay off soy and Dairy....could they change the base they are fortifying your milk with to a non-milk based? or is it more complicated than that?! hope she gains more soon--poor little adorable angel!

marcus said...

we'll keep praying for her.

Dave and Katie Anderson said...

oh jessica, i'll keep praying for your angel. she is so beautiful.

critts said...

I'm so sorry! You are in our thoughts and prayers.