Sunday, April 18, 2010

Stagnation and Frustration

Livy moved from the Acute Care Nursery to the Continuing Care Nursery this past Tuesday. This is the last nursery before she comes home. However, despite all my measures at lacto-engineering to help her gain weight, the process has been soooooo slow and minuscule and to be honest, frustrating. We are not sure why she isn't gaining like she should, but if you are in the mood for praying, there is something specific to pray about. Because she is not gaining weight, the nurses and doctors do not want to bottle feed her too much because it makes her too tired and she is obviously burning more than she is taking in. I don't know how that is possible since she really sleeps most the day, but nonetheless it is a reality.

On a happier note, we feel amazingly blessed with all the help we have received thus far and are amazed at how well our needs have been met. So thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Here are a few photos for your enjoyment.
Our princess

Sweet angel

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

Oh Jess my heart goes out to you! That has got to be so hard! She's beautiful and I pray that she gets to come home soon!

Di and Justin said...

Please know we love you.. sorry didn't know till your Mom came over and told us.. We will keep you all in our thought & prayers..

The Lowe Family said...

She is such a doll Jess. Three cheers for Livy! I'm sure you'll have her home with you before you know it.

Allison Hill said...

She is beautiful and we will keep her and all of you in our prayers. It was great to see you on Sunday!

Guy got that chair at Dicks...I'll have to ask him which location but I know they had quite a few more when he got it. I'll let ya know! :)

marcus said...

let us know if we can watch Jackson while you go to the hospital sometime.