Sunday, April 4, 2010

Progress

Livy is doing really great! She graduated today from the Intensive Care Unit to the Acute Care Unit. She is now in a new bed and got moved to a new room with babies of similar status. The next milestone is learning how to eat! Most babies aren't able to suck, breathe, AND swallow until around 34 weeks gestational age. We're hoping, she'll follow the trend she has so far, and beat the odds. Besides, females are good at multi-tasking! Told ya she was a fighter! It is a pain to drive all the way to Parkland to visit our angel but she is in GREAT hands and we've been pleased with the NICU staff. Thanks to all for your continued love, prayers, and concern. We are hanging in there and counting our blessings.

10 comments:

s p e n c e r h a a c k e said...

Look at all that hair, and that tan.

Kamie said...

She is beautiful. She looks like she is doing well. If you want to go down in the morning let me know.

Jenny said...

Hooray for progress!!! It sounds like she's a lot like her Mommy:)

Ann said...

Hey Jess, I've been keeping up with your little updates and have kept you and baby Olivia in my thoughts. I hope you don't mind that I put your names on the temple prayer rolls this last week. I just wanted to let you know that the added faith of many others are praying for the wellbeing of your sweet little bundle.

love, Ann

haackeh said...

She is a beautiful girl!

Anna@Exasperation said...

Holy cuteness, Batman! She's gorgeous!!!

M-Z-T said...

Glad to hear she made it out of the NICU in such a "short" time.

Hope everything continues up and up!

Dave and Katie Anderson said...

Jess-she is so beautiful. What a wonderful little angel. And I love the name Olivia. It's so perfect. I've been keeping you and Livvy in my prayers and I will continue to do so. You are such an inspiration of being positive in trails! Love yah!

Kirsten and Eric said...

That's great news! She's looking really good.

marcus said...

she's beautiful. i can't wait to see her.