We went to First Tuesdays Program at the The Dallas Museum of Art last month and Jackson made this little man he was very proud of. He proceeded to show it to every willing person who would look at it for the remainder of our time at the museum.
Jackson was having snack time while Livy was napping one day and started to spell a J with his food. I suggested he try to spell his name, and this is what he came up with using peppers, oranges, and carrots. Not bad!
We love to go bike riding. Livy is slowly learning to ride Jackson's old bike. She doesn't have quite as much coordination, but what she lacks in coordination, she makes up for in sass, spirit and sweetness! I love the rhyme:
- What are little boys made of?
- What are little boys made of?
- Slugs and snails
- And puppy-dogs' tails,
- That's what little boys are made of.
- What are little girls made of?
- What are little girls made of?
- Sugar and spice
- And everything nice,
- That's what little girls are made of.
- This rhyme fits my kids to a T!
Jackson got the stomach flu and threw up for 12 hours straight a few week-ends ago. This was how he fell asleep one time the next day. Seriously, when he gets married, I will make a book of all the crazy ways he fell asleep! They are so many!
Jackson loves to take photos, and we were getting a kick out of Livy's crazy hair when she jumps on the trampoline. She was being silly, but you can see she and I have super static hair! We. LOVE. the. trampoline! If you have kids with energy to burn and you live in Texas, get one of these! You'll NEVER look back! Some of the best money spent ever! We have a perpetual bounce house in our back yard and it has more than paid for itself because bounce houses are expensive. This has made dinner time really nice for me too!
Our neighbor and Jackson's (not to mention awesome and amazing) old Primary teacher came over today and while I was working on dinner, very patiently helped Jackson and Olivia make this chocolate cake which is grain free and made out of.....drum roll....black beans! You heard that right folks! And my husband ate TWO pieces! Livy licked her plate:) In fact, she was too busy licking her plate to be in this picture. It was delish to say the least!
Jackson took the picture below.
Working on patterns and counting with our color blocks.
The kids love to play with legos. I love it too, except when they get thrown all over the room, and subsequently the house, which happens like every time. I find them EVERYWHERE! I am really horrible at making things, but found I am half decent at making these little cars with some pictures to look at.
Olivia is OBSESSED with these tiny little legos. You can't even see it in her hand, but you can see the pile in her bag. Here's her routine. She dumps the entire bag of legos out and then searches for the tiny legos, which she refers to as her "babies." She collects them and puts them in some type of bag, and then carries them around everywhere. They go to bed with her, to the potty, in her purse, in the car...you get the picture! Needless to say, when we move, I think we're going t find lots of babies and I'm sure that she'll be thrilled. She really is quite a little nurturer.
Lately, the closer she gets to 3, the more she has wanted to exert her independence. Her favorite phrase, is, "No, MY do it!" Despite this change in her independence, she is still my sweet Livy and her second favorite thing to say is, "Mommy, I'm really happy." She is pretty good at sharing and loves to pretend to be a dog, or sometimes a cat. In fact, when we were eating out the other day, she was barking so dog-like, people started looking over at our table and wondering who brought a dog in the restaurant! What would I do without this sweet and sassy girl?



No comments:
Post a Comment