Words can never express how much I love these two kids! Words cannot also not express how much work it is to raise them...all the worrying, wondering if I am being a good enough mom, worrying about feeding them right and keeping them healthy, worrying if those few times I have yelled at them or done something imperfectly is going to mess them up for life, teaching them all the important stuff like being polite, saying sorry, repenting when they make mistakes, and not to mention the regular academics of numbers, letters, and reading, just to mention a few. Now I know and understand more fully why Heavenly Father wants us to have children. Being a parent has taught me more about the gospel, and about being Christ-like than anything I have EVER done, or will EVER do in my life. It is a job that is many times thankless and mundane, and never ending. BUT, it has brought me unimaginable joy and happiness that I cannot describe. Yes, it's hard, but it is soooo well worth it. The saying goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words," but I think this picture is worth a whole lot more.
1 comment:
I was just talking about this very thing to Eric earlier today. I was saying that it takes such a different kind of patience that I've ever had to raise kids. And they are EXHAUSTING! Good grief! :) It's all worth it though and you would never think of not having them!
Post a Comment