Monday, September 26, 2011

Problem. Solved!

Just wanted to say THANKS to my friends and family for all the fabulous responses I received on helping Jackson with the potty issue.  It has now been solved!  I saw this awesome chores/weekly allowance chart on my friend Christine's blog, and created my own for Jackson.  Needless to say, it has worked like a charm!  I also backed way off and tried not to show any emotion when he had accidents because I realized he was just seeking attention, even if it was negative.  So, here is Jackson's chart that I created, based on Christine's fabulous idea!  I couldn't get a link to it, so this was the best I could do.  Jackson helped me create it, and chose which superhero he wanted, and the colors.  We also discussed some things he could do.  He is a great helper and so proud!

Super Jackson's 
             Chore Chart


How I take care of myself:
S
M
T
W
T
F
S
1. Stay in bed all night







2. Make my bed







3. Get dressed







4. Brush Teeth X2 Floss X1 







5. Read books/Quiet time







6. Read scriptures







7. Say prayers







8. Stay Dry







How I take care of my things:
S
M
T
W
T
F
S
1. Clear Table







2. Put backpack away







3. Put my shoes away







4. Put dirty clothes in bin







5. Pick up toys







6. Be nice to Olivia and my friends






How I help my Mom & Dad:
S
M
T
W
T
F
S
1. Unload the dishwasher







2. Clean the mirrors







3. Water the Plants







4. Clean the Cars







5. Take out the trash







6. Clean the toilets







7. Laundry







8. Cooking










Basically, he gets a check mark if he completes each task I ask of him.  If he doesn't, he can get a sad face on his chart.  This really works, because he does NOT want sad faces on his chart.  For every chore he completes, he gets one penny towards an activity or treat out with Daddy.  Last week, he earned .86 cents! I was so proud of him, and NO accidents!  

1 comment:

mer and mel said...

That's fabulous!!!!! I'm so glad you found something that works for him :0)