Friday, September 30, 2011

I'm cool!

To my kids, that is.  I love that right now, during this period in my children's life, Kirk & I are cool.  I had this epiphany today and realized that I need to cherish this time because it won't always be this way.  Soon enough, Kirk & I will not be so cool, and our kids won't want to spend as much time with us.  We made ourselves even higher on the cool list this week-end because I had this great idea to set up our tent and "camp" in the back yard.  That is MY kind of camping.  We had delicious hot dogs, hamburgers, and grilled bell peppers, and to top it all off, some s'mores on the side burner.  Olivia is sleeping soundly in her bed.  Daddy, Jackson & I read books, sang songs, looked at the stars, had tickle fights, and enjoyed cuddling in this nice cool air!  The weather is beautiful, my kids think I am the bomb, and conference is tomorrow.  Life doesn't get any better than this!   
 



No comments: