Sunday, July 24, 2011

Life with two kids

I know this sounds silly to those of you who have more than two kids, but WHERE has all my time gone? I mean, really?  I felt so deprived as the youngest of 6 kids, that there weren't as many photos of me, and things like that, but I only have two, and from Jackson to Olivia, poor Olivia has gotten the shaft many times over!  To think what it would be like if I had 6!  Ha! I don't know how my poor mother did it, or my mother-in-law who had 8 for that matter.  They have a ticket straight to heaven for sure though :)  

 Sweet Livy's first piggy tails!
 We had a good time at Snowbird this year.  There was a record amount of snow and several things were  shut down because of it, but we made do.  I taught aqua classes to the older kids and they LOVED it!  We swam a ton, had a scavenger hunt, ate yummy food, and played lots of games.  Kirk & I even had FREE sitters and got to go sit in the hot tub in the evening a few times.  Ah, the luxury of older nieces.  Thanks Sarah and Kelsey!  
 After Snowbird, we went to spend time with my family at my mom's in Lehi.  Kirk & Jackson went up Mt. Timpanogas caves with my family.  We also went swimming a lot, to see Cars 2, which I DON'T recommend, by the way, and played Just Dance on the Wii.  I wish I could load video of Jackson doing it for the first time because we all were laughing so hard!  He had fun with cousins on both sides and was sad to leave them and his grandparents on both sides.  It was fun to go through Grandma's things and decide who got what.  We stayed up way too late during the whole vacation, but those are usually the most great times in our families that we cherish.  

We hit a deer on our way there, and unfortunately, those pictures are on Kirk's phone but we are grateful for our wonderful insurance who took care of it all, even when we had to come home and get even more repairs done.  It was a pain, but we are glad it was all covered!  
 We took some family pictures today.  This was the first picture I took...and the ONLY one Olivia cooperated for.  Lesson. Learned.

I may be biased, but I sure have cute kids!  They are a handful but Kirk & I find so much joy in just watching them be the crazy wonderful, cute, sweet kids they are!  We are so blessed!

1 comment:

Jamie Dana said...

CUTE pictures!!! It was so much fun to see you guys.