Friday, July 9, 2010

More craziness and last minute tips...

This boy never ceases to surprise me. I found him totally naked after his nap last Sunday. I made him hold his diaper to cover himself. It's hard to stay mad when he is so darn cute! Don't you love his farmer's tan?
He is sure busy before bed time! I don't know how sleeping with that many toys is comfortable, but I guess anything goes when you're Jackson!

We are going to begin potty training soon....very soon. Just trying to gear myself up for it. Anyone want to share some tips that are tried and true? Or things that just did not work for you? I would appreciate it! Thanks:)

2 comments:

haackeh said...

He is cute! I think him and Jeremy would get along great. It seems they like the same things. We tried the reward chart with stickers and a large prize after he got so many. It was effective maybe two days but I found with young children that immediate gratification worked better. The stickers were ineffective but tootsie rolls worked. He suddenly wanted to use the potty all the time. Once he even tried to go three times in a row (to get more candy) and then cried when he couldn't squeeze anymore out. He looked at me with big tears and said "Mommy its broken" Kids are so funny! Good Luck!

Me@Peace said...

Well Jess.. I will say be consistent, patient and loving. It has been said that boys are harder to train than girls. The one thing that worked for me was that whenever I had to go I would encourage my sons to go too, though not while I was in there.. (I have twin sons). They will have the occasional accident..that's where patience comes in, but stay in control. Like haackeh, I rewarded my sons, and tnis may seem a little crazy, but whenever they had to go potty and they went in the potty and not their pants I would clap and say good job, and that seemed to encourage them not to want to have those little accidents..because boys can be a little lazy. I hope this helps some.
Still missing you in water aerobics..take care and have fun this summer~
Dawana