Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bed Rest

Sorry my news is no longer cute pictures of Jackson or fun things like that. Here is our latest drama.

I had an in-utero transfusion Tuesday at Parkland Hospital downtown that went well. However, I was totally unprepared when they told me I would have to be on bed rest at Plano Presby for a week so they can monitor the baby. I go back to Parkland this upcoming Tuesday for another transfusion and then return to Plano Presby for more monitoring and bed rest. Not sure what will happen after that, but probably just more monitoring and bed rest until I reach 34 weeks at which point the doctors feel it is best to deliver and treat the baby in the NICU than to deal with the transfusions in utero. Thanks for your love and support, and for those who are caring for my family while I am away. We couldn't do it without you!

Feel free to call or come by for a visit. I'll let you know if I'm not up for it:) Some days are harder than others. I am doing just fine, but it's nice to have such wonderful friends and family. I feel very grateful for all my many blessings and for the wonderful advances in medicine that make it possible for me to bring beautiful children into this world. Motherhood is such a joy and a blessing to me and I feel honored to have these choice spirits sent to my home. My kids are fighters, and this girl is going to be tough, I know it. She'll have to be growing up with a brother like Jackson. I hope she likes to wrestle!

4 comments:

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

Hi! I really hope that you remember me so that you don't think this is weird, but I happened upon your blog a little while ago, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about you ever since! You are so strong, and faithful! What an amazing example to me! Good luck with that little baby of yours and do what the doctors say so she can stay in there longer! Kodi (Steele)

russandkatie said...

modern medicine IS amazing! I am reading a book about joseph and emma right now and it talks about all the children they lost and it's just amazing the difference in death rates now a days! It sounds like you are in good hands with doctors, friends and family!

Unknown said...

Jess you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! Modern medicine is amazing and truly life saving. Let me know if you need anything!

M-Z-T said...

Hugs Jess!