Monday, June 15, 2009

Texas Tornado

So, last Wednesday was a CRAZY day! I was at a friends house when Kirk called and said that there were helicopters circling our neighborhood and lots of cops. Come to find out later there were also people with those orange vests and search dogs. Still don't know what the whole story was but it was all happening at the apt. complex ACROSS THE STREET! Yeah, made me a little nervous. However, I feel that I am safe enough as I know God won't take me or my family before it's my time and evil can find you anywhere, though it's more concentrated in some areas.

Anyhow, that was the beginning of the craziness. I went to work and taught an awesome kickbox class with the most people I've ever had in that class! Then on my way out, I see this storm forming and heard sirens going off. Some lady said she heard a loudspeaker saying to seek shelter. I didn't think too much of it and went home. That was when the fun began. The storm took our elextricity out at about 7:30 pm and it rained and thundered etc. for about 24 hours straight. I don't know how JAckson slept through it all because it was so LOUD and I couldn't sleep a wink because I was HOT and to be honest, the thunder scared me...several times. Our power was out for almost 48 hours which was, well, interesting and kind of fun in some ways. Anyhow THANKS to all those who lent their freezers for our food and their homes so we could be more comfortable. I have always been so blessed to have such wonderful friends. So, thanks to the tornado, we had some spice added to our lives. It sure makes you grateful for what you have. We really take for granted the things we do have.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I heard on the news that a young mother's apartment was broken into (while she was home) and her nine month old baby was kidnapped. On the news they showed her in front of your old apartment complex and then people searching the one across the street from you. Scary. Glad you're ok thought!

M-Z-T said...

Glad to hear that you're okay.

Talk about spicing up a few days

Dave and Katie Anderson said...

What an exciting adventure. I'm so glad that you're ok and all is well. I had a similar experience in Baltimore. Dave left out of town for two days and the day he left there was a robbery at gun point in the gas station down the street and a knifing on the corner of the building I worked at. I was totally scared. But it's like you said, the Lord is in charge.