Tuesday, June 16, 2009

News update

We saw on the news last night that the whole thing that happened across the street last week was because a young couple has supposedly killed their nine month old baby by throwing it in the river. That explains the helicopters and search dogs. I am not sure what would possess a person to kill their child, but I cannot imagine the pain and regret they will now feel for the rest of their lives. So sad. At least I know that baby girl is being well taken care of up in heaven.

Stories like this make me realize just how precious life is. I was thinking the other day that when our kids are young and we are in the thick of motherhood, it is hard to enjoy the here and now. However, our children will grow so fast, and eventually we will move on to other goals in life. At that point, I'm sure there will be days when I miss my children like no other and I will wish I could go back to these very years that I sometimes wish I could just get over with. One of my main goals right now is just enjoy the present. That's why I love the quote,

"Yesterday is history, the future a mystery...but today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is awful!!!! it makes me so sick!!!!