Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mommy's Day


This was my second Mother's Day and I just wanted to post a few thoughts. First of all, thanks to my sweet husband for writing a note "from" Jackson and attempting to teach him a song, which ended up just being Kirk singing of course. It was a sweet thought though. What a wonderful husband I have. It almost makes me feel bad that my life is so wonderful...Oh well, I guess I'll just have to enjoy it while I can.

Life as a mother is a lot harder than I thought, and also a lot more rewarding and wonderful at the same time. Here are just a few reasons why I love being Jackson's mommy:

1) I love watching him learn new skills. It makes me feel proud.
2) I am awed by the way my capacity to love has grown and expanded.
3) I love his MANY facial expressions. Anyone who has met him can attest to that.
4) I love his quiet wisdom and sweet innocence.
5) I love his sweet hugs and slobbery open mouthed kisses.
6) I love to watch him sleep so peacefully.
7) I enjoy watching him gobble up a meal I've cooked just for him.
8) It is fun to watch him enjoy himself outdoors, soaking up all his surroundings and never getting bored...like when he's inside:)
9) I love watching him explore his world in general--most things are still so new to him, and to see through a child's eyes is so special.
10) I am grateful every day that God has sent me one of his precious souls to teach me so much and help me grow in ways I never dreamed of.

Happy Mother's Day to all women. Even if we do not ever bear children, we all will influence others and can be a positive force in the world. Go WOMEN!!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Oooohh, you're making me excited to be a mommy too! Thanks:) It's good to see that things are going well for you!

I am so following your blog now:)

Dave and Katie Anderson said...

So true! I feel the same way about motherhood. It was great talking to you last week.