Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Chicago

That was the craziest move I've ever done!  I'm glad it's over and we are mostly settled now.  Jackson is in school full time and I am trying to find things to fill up my time now!  Not used to having that problem:)  We will forever miss Texas, mostly because of all the wonderful people we became friends with.  We'll never forget them, and hope to see many of them as they come and visit us...hint hint hint.  However, we've been richly blessed to move to a great area, but also in the best neighborhood we've ever been in!  Our kids had immediate friends within two days, in front and behind us.  People are friendly and helpful everywhere I go.  Looking forward to doing some more exploring and discovering all that this area has to offer.  We've also been able to rekindle some old friendships with people who have moved out this way, both friends and family.  So, double blessings!  I am really a lucky woman!


Here are some things we've been up to...besides unpacking...
Making cookies...

 We went to the Lincoln Park zoo
Jackson is trying to milk this cow.... 

 Jackson's first day of kindergarten...

 Olivia's new shoes.  Now she runs everywhere because she has special "running" shoes...

 Kirk thought these flowers were pretty and told the girls to stand by them.  I didn't want to because of all the bees...Olivia was apparently very worried one was going to get her!
 A shot of the skyline from the zoo...

 Olivia's hand compared to a lion...we saw a lion, tiger, and lots of other great animals at this FREE zoo!
 We walked to the beach from the zoo.  It was a gorgeous day! 
 Playing on the beach...

Jackson loved to get buried in the warm sand.  He said it was his favorite activity we did at the beach!  

No comments: