Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Big changes


We have already gotten off to a great start this year.  Kirk and I both feel like this is going to be a big year for our family.  We taught Jackson to ride his bike with no training wheels two week-ends ago.  He took to it so quickly, and just needs help starting off.  He is so proud of himself and wants to show everyone his new skill!  We are also proud of him for being so brave!



Last week-end, we started potty training Olivia and took one side off her bed so she is now in a toddler bed. It was a harsh awakening to how quickly the kiddos are growing.  I know everyone told me to enjoy every moment when your kids are little because they grow so fast.  It is hard to enjoy every moment, because raising young children is so hard, but I can see now why they say that because my kids are almost 5 and 3, and it's gone by so quickly.  I am trying to cherish as many moments as I can, and make good use of the time when my kids are home with me.  

Here are some photos of Livy in her big girl undies and on her new bed, which she just LOVES and has done a great job staying in it, I might add!  She is so funny lately when she says "cheese" for the camera, she almost closes her eyes.  


Jackson of course wanted to be part of this camera action and this was his pose.  Silly boy! Not sure where he learned it, but it's funny. 
My sweet boy starts kindergarten this fall, and I am feeling so worried about it already.  It's scary knowing he'll be out in the world for most the day, being influenced by so many others.  I hope we've done a good enough job and he is prepared for what lies ahead.  I know that this generation of children is strong, but I still worry sometimes about what they'll face!  Thank heavens we have the gospel and strong family ties to help us weather the storms.  

1 comment:

M-Z-T said...

too cute. Your kids are growing up fast!