Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Halloween is in the air!

We were putting up our Halloween decorations after Family Home Evening on Monday and the kids (including Kirk) found the fake teeth and had a great time.  I asked them to make a scary face...I think Jackson wins.  I don't wanna mess with him!  Getting so excited for the fall and all the fun activities we get to do as a family, and to be outside in the nice fall air.  We have finally been re-acquainted with the park!  

For Family Home Evening, we have been going over all the 10 commandments.  We've been teaching them two at a time so as not to just skim over them, but to make sure the kids really understand them.  The ones we did this past week were, Thou shalt not commit adultery and Thou shalt not steal.  I let Jackson read the first scripture and said, "Kirk, uh how are we going to teach that one?"  Without even thinking about it, he just explained to our kids that mommies and daddies only kiss each other, and not our friends mommies and daddies.  We can give hugs to friends, but kisses are only for mommies and daddies to each other...unless it's family, then it's on the cheek.  That worked for us...for now:)

I am trying to help Jackson understand these concepts more, so I had him teach them to Olivia.  It's pretty funny to watch the two of them, and so sweet.

No comments: