Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's been a while!


 One of my newest concoctions.  I figured out how to make home-made jello.  Turns out, it's WAY easy.  Just 100% juice, a little stevia, and plain gelatin!

 Anyone know what these are?  They are all over outside this year.  This is the shell of the bug.  It is dead.  I've never seen one alive, just these weird things.

 I am really enjoying the co-op that I have been running from my home.  As a little side business, I have created menus that I sell to co-op members so they can make sure they have a recipe for all the produce they receive, and so nothing goes bad.  This was a salad I made from the spinach and strawberries we received last shipment.  MMMMM!  Yummy.  This co-op has really helped us eat even more fruits and veggies, and I am learning even more about things like raw dishes and more healthy alternatives.  

 Olivia at Jackson's t-ball game.  She LOVES that water bottle.  It has become a family water bottle because I can't keep the thing full:)

 Jackson had his last game a couple weeks ago.  He played so well and had a lot of fun with his friends.  Kirk really enjoyed coaching them.  We will probably do it again next year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Homemade jello..hmm..I may have to try that! Those bugs are cicadas..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada