Tuesday, July 27, 2010

CPS and cops


What would you think if you saw a 2 1/2 year old running around outside with no parents in sight, no shoes, and cuts and bruises all over his body? Would you call CPS? 911?

My family has been here this week-end for a reunion. It was fun and crazy at the same time. I think we had a little less than 20 people in a 4 bedroom house. Anyhow, on Thursday afternoon, the kiddos were all in my backyard playing and then decided to come in...all except for Jackson. All of the sudden, I realized I didn't hear him playing inside with the other kiddies and I asked everyone where he was. No one knew, so I went in the backyard to find our gate open. My heart leaped right out of my chest and I immediately went looking for him. Several of us ran up and down the alley way, and up and down our street, yelling his name. But he was nowhere in sight. Finally, I hopped in my car with my niece and went to find him. I got to the end of my street and saw two police cars. I rolled down my window and she saw that I was worried or something because she said, "I got him." The police woman then proceeded to tell me that a man had called the cops about a little boy wandering. She said she had to CHASE HIM DOWN!!! I got him out of her front seat and tried to put him in his car seat, at which point he FREAKED OUT! So here I am, thinking, okay, they're going to think he's not my kid or something. Even if they believe he is mine, he has cuts and bruises all over and ran away. Oh my goodness. They took my information, told me I wasn't in trouble, but that they wanted the info. in case it happens again...ummm again? Needless to say, the lock is back on our gate and is NEVER coming off. Maybe I'll just lock Jackson in his room. He can't get into too much trouble that way? I take that back.
I told Kirk this better not be a sign of things to come!!!

5 comments:

M-Z-T said...

Wow Jess, that's definitely a heart-pounder.

Jim Bassi said...

This gave Lex and I a good laugh. Thanks for sharing.

Kirsten and Eric said...

Oh my gosh! That's funny and totally scary at the same time! I can just imagine your contact information on the bulletin board at the police station saying "watch out for this one."

Anonymous said...

Ummm...it's def. in the jeans, and I don't mean the pants you buy him...if it can happen to me, and we're blood, then watch out ;O

Paige and Family said...

Holy crap!! That mustve been so scary!! I'm glad you found him safe!!