Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Men:)

Some of the favorite memories of my dad are when he used to help prepare me for my spelling bees and read me stories at night before bed. I also loved going with him to work and pretending to be his little secretary. He even let me answer his phone sometimes! I felt so important. I really enjoyed all the hiking we did together when I was younger as well. Thanks Dad for the many wonderful memories! These are traditions I'd like to pass on to my children.

Some of my fondest memories of my father-in-law are any and all the meals he's ever made for me, sending me flowers, and him being at the hospital after both of our children were born. Thanks for your presence and generosity Dad!

My favorite memories of my dad's dad are four-wheeling by far. He is a wild man! Of course, I can't ever forget grandpa's famous popcorn.

My favorite memories of my mom's dad are his cooking, especially his soup, his home-made salad dressing that tasted kind of like Catalina Island, and his cereal combinations. I to this day still like to mix cereals together. That man also put catsup on almost everything! He also taught me how to fish and I loved going boating with him.

Happy Belated Father's Day to all of my "Fathers" and especially the Father of my own children. You are amazing. I am so glad our kids have someone who loves them unconditionally, who will play with them on their level, who takes the time to make them feel loved and special, and someone who is around whenever he can be! We love you so much!

1 comment:

marcus said...

i didn't know you were a fellow spelling bee champ. we'll have to have a face-off. :)