Today has been a rough day for me. It has caused me to do some self evaluation. Anyone remember Elder Uchtdorf's talk to the Relief Society last General Conference called, Happiness, Your Heritage? Well, here is the link: http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-37,00.html. I highly encourage you to read or listen to it again.
Anyhow, Through some quiet thought and alone time today, I have realized a few things. One of the biggest things that holds us back from success and happiness is that we are afraid of failure. We are afraid that whatever we create may not be liked by someone else. I had to remind myself today that everyone makes mistakes and to not be so hard on myself. After all, mistakes are actually opportunities for improvement!
So, here is a challenge for myself, and anyone else who feels so inclined. Don't compare others best attributes to your worst. Don't be so afraid to fail that you give up or give in and stop trying to create, achieve, and succeed. I know we are past the New Year's goals by now, but if there are goals that are still sitting on a sheet of paper, Get up and JUST DO THEM!!! Don't be afraid to try something new and when you try that new thing and make mistakes, don't give up!!! You'll be surprised at what you can learn and accomplish, and I'm sure happiness will be a result. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it, right?
That was a pep talk for me, but maybe it helped someone else. One more thing...please tell me about your experiences as you move beyond your fear of failure and try to create new things. It would make my day!
1 comment:
Wow, I can relate so much to what you just wrote Jess. Sometimes it is good to remember that we are ALL human, everyone of us and we all have flaws and make mistakes--we just don't see everyone else's under the same microscope as our own.
You are such an inspiration to me and such a great example of bringing happiness to others.
Post a Comment