I have been meaning to get this post up, but just now found a spare moment to do so. Last week-end, Elder Uchtdorf gave an amazing talk at the General Relief Society Broadcast Saturday night. I almost didn't go, but was so glad I did. His words were truly inspired and just what the women of the church needed to hear...at least I did. If you haven't read or seen it yet, I strongly encourage you to do so. The link for the text is below...
http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,285-1-54-31,00.html
He was funny and the spirit was so strong. Here are a few things I came away with:
1) We women need to stop apologizing for every little thing and undervaluing ourselves and our talents
2) Men are funny because they can do the littlest task and feel like, as Pres. Uchtdorf said, a "hero."
2) One anecdote to gloominess is through creativity, which he describes as, "Bringing into existence something that did not exist before." He went on to give some reasons why we don't think we're good at much of anything, to which he exclaims, "Remember that you are spirit daughters of the most creative Being in the universe. Isn’t it remarkable to think that your very spirits are fashioned by an endlessly creative and eternally compassionate God? Think about it—your spirit body is a masterpiece, created with a beauty, function, and capacity beyond imagination. All I can say is WOW, I hadn't thought of it like that before! Thank you, for opening my eyes, President Uchtdorf!
3) Another anecdote to gloominess is serving others. He stated, "As we lift others, we rise a little higher ourselves." Isn't it the best!
4) Last of all, I left the meeting feeling of President Uchtdorf's love for me, as well as my Savior's love and knowing he is proud of me and my accomplishments. It's crazy to know someone loves you who you've never met face to face, but what a wonderful feeling. Thank heavens we have prophets and apostles today who are so in tune with the Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment